How do I get started with flying?
Give us a call and schedule a discovery flight, or if you are in the neighborhood stop by the airport and see us. Our schedule is pretty flexible and we can normally get you scheduled on your discovery flight the next day.
When are you open?
Our office hours are seven days a week Monday through Sunday 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., generally our aircraft are available twenty four hours a day for flight instruction and rentals. Our offices may be closed for certain holidays.
What is required for an aircraft check out if I just want to rent?
Piper Cherokee or Cessna 172
- Private pilot certificate or higher
- 2 hour check-out flight with a instructor (unless training has been conducted at the facility in the same make and model within the past 90 days)
Piper Arrow 200
- Private pilot certificate or higher with 100+ hours total time
- 25 hours logged in any retractable gear aircraft (with a currency of 90 days)
- 10 hours prior time in the same make and model with a DSA flight instructor check out
If I rent an airplane for a full day, is there a minimum number of hours I have to fly?
To avoid an overnight charge, you must fly a minimum of 3 hours a day.
Do you accept the GI Bill?
Not yet; we are working on it.
Is Del Sol Aviation Part 61 or 141 flight school?
For now all training is conducted under FAR 61.
Do you issue VISAs for foreign students?
Not at this time.
What is your currency times for renters?
90 days from your last flight with us.
Can I land on dirt/gravel runways?
Yes you can.......just not in our aircraft. these landings are strictly prohibited by our insurance carrier.
Is there any hidden fees added to the rental of the aircraft?
No… The aircraft we rent is at a wet rate and fuel is included in the hourly rental cost.